4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
nolapete;3626678; said:
Cost breakdown estimate

lumber 750-800 including first attempt
screws 220
liquid nails 80
dow 795 190
acrylic 1566.38 (was 1674.63, but got 108.25 credit for them sending wrong size)

About $2800 so far.

Still have to buy liquid rubber @ $892.

$3692 total, so about 85 cents a gallon :D
liquid rubber was $867

plywood was about $180

another case of Dow 795 $95

current total excluding finishing out room: $3942 or 91 cents per gallon

=====

Prices on these later. I have some of it already.

filtration and heating

bulkheads
uniseals
barrels = free
flexible pvc hose
pvc pipe and fittings
hammerhead pumps x 4
2" ABS pipe and fittings

pex tubing 200'
cpvc pipe and fittings
recirculating hot water system
thermostat
solenoid valve

BadOleRoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Virginia
Pete, have you given any thought to how you are going to PC the floor? I suggest that as you do the walls you PC about 6" of the floor all the way around. Once the walls are 100% finished, do the floor from above with a sprayer or roller. As I am sure you have noticed, PC stays a little tacky. If you stand on it in the tank, you may be there for a while!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Quite honestly, I found that not to be the case if you apply it thin like Permadri says to. The walls were dry with a light tack within minutes after brushing it on. I didn't understand why you were getting it all over everything, but do now. You're using too thick of a coat.

As far as the floor goes, I have a few ideas, but won't decide on exactly how until we're done with the bead board on the ceiling. Spraying it would be difficult with the hopper being open topped.

I don't know if I'm going to spray any of it yet. I may just roll/brush apply the whole thing.

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
wow looking good Pete glad to see the progress. I am hoping to get my PC ordered this week then you guys can see my first kick at a ply tank build. I am getting 5 gallons to do a central sump about 300G and a 350G tank. I am always looking to your thread as inspiration but it won't be built the same. just the sealer. mine neads to be portable

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store