Aqueon (All Glass) Tank Pricing? - 125, 150, 180, 210

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
aclockworkorange;4605303; said:
Meh. Too many tanks. Just bought a used 8 foot long 225g with tank, stand, Rena xp4, Quad PC fixture, mag pump for $300. Whaddaya think that would have cost me new? :)
Nice!

I am in the Tacoma/Seattle area and rarely are there used tanks above 125g. Most of these sell for $500, a 180g for $800ish.

People in our area try to sell for outlandish prices, realistically a tank that size in my area would sell for at least $1200 used. Wont even guess what it would be new.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
for those who are interested in black silicone and who don't want to sift through my 4 million page thread to see pics of it in water/use, here are some pics of what it looks like.

the tank is 2 years old now and as mentioned, the silicone looks the same as the day I bought it. and notice what a great job Aqueon did :)

I don't work for aqueon or anything, but I was very pleased with the work they did on my tank.

thats the thing about buying new, say what you will about the price, but if you want something specific, chances are you aren't going to find it in the classifieds. thats just the way it is.

sometimes a dream tank has to be brand new.

sacrificing your desires just to save a few bucks is not always an option for hardcore fish keepers:D

IMG_0592.JPG

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
12 Volt Man;4605707; said:
thats the thing about buying new, say what you will about the price, but if you want something specific, chances are you aren't going to find it in the classifieds. thats just the way it is.

sometimes a dream tank has to be brand new.

sacrificing your desires just to save a few bucks is not always an option for hardcore fish keepers:D
Agree!

soulpatch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2010
Downingtown, PA
I was lucky enough to find a used 125 with black silicone so I made out as well. Though like I said the next large tank will have to be new as I want to be particular about the inlet and outlet placement for the plumbing...

NightStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long Island, NY
12 Volt Man,

I got in touch with Aqueon today to double check that they do take orders for the standard rectangular tanks with black silicone and you were right on. They said it's a custom order and I would have to put a custom request through with my local vendor. They said if the vendor did not have the custom order sheet all they would have to do is contact their distributor. I'm hoping my local vendor won't charge a hefty fee for the black silicone option. Going to check in with them. Thanks for all your help. :)

CA-Delta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I like the black silicone and I like the look of your tank, but,(and please don't be offended) what is all that equipment hanging on the rear panel ? is there no way to hide it or am I just being anal about it as usual ? :drool:
BTW : "sacrificing your desires just to save a few bucks is not always an option"- Good Quote.;)

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
CA-Delta;4606628; said:
I like the black silicone and I like the look of your tank, but,(and please don't be offended) what is all that equipment hanging on the rear panel ? is there no way to hide it or am I just being anal about it as usual ? :drool:
BTW : "sacrificing your desires just to save a few bucks is not always an option"- Good Quote.;)

do you mean the power strip? thats where I plug both heaters, the AC, the renas, the lights etc. in.

I suppose I could move it, but right now its cable tied to the stand :)

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
NightStorm;4606441; said:
12 Volt Man,

I got in touch with Aqueon today to double check that they do take orders for the standard rectangular tanks with black silicone and you were right on. They said it's a custom order and I would have to put a custom request through with my local vendor. They said if the vendor did not have the custom order sheet all they would have to do is contact their distributor. I'm hoping my local vendor won't charge a hefty fee for the black silicone option. Going to check in with them. Thanks for all your help. :)

good stuff. it shouldn't be much extra of a charge. I was charged an extra $40 Canadian. I was under the impression that Aqueon charged the extra cost, not the LFS. so the vendor shouldn't have much control over that. If Aqueon says it costs $50 more for the vendor to buy the tank, then the retail price should simply be $50 more. their markup should be the same..

what I would like to know is when the hell are they going to start making rectangular tanks available normally with black silicone? LOL

their sister company Oceanic does, Marineland does, the main domestic brand up here in Canada (Miracles aquarium) takes special orders for clear only. you have to specially request clear silicone, all their tanks are black. which is great for me, I didn't have to pay extra for my other tanks to get black silicone :)

Aqueon is one of the last major tank manufacturers to get with the times as far as silicone choice goes...

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
DMD123;4605659; said:
Nice!

I am in the Tacoma/Seattle area and rarely are there used tanks above 125g. Most of these sell for $500, a 180g for $800ish.

People in our area try to sell for outlandish prices, realistically a tank that size in my area would sell for at least $1200 used. Wont even guess what it would be new.
I can vouch for that. I've been searching Craigslist all day in our state and found nothing of interest for non insane prices except for a beat up 70 gallon 3+ hour drive away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store