Building a Mega-Home Marine Tank (18,000 GA) Need Advice All Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrememarinetanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
Dallas, Texas
we adjusted the tank it will be 420 x 60 x 180 so the thickness of the acy will need to be calculated again but I have been trying to do so but I come up with crazy numbers.

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
xtrememarinetanker;2467968;2467968 said:
Ok guys I know that mostly that some people who commit want to poke holes in this but use some brain power and know when a typo is is a typo ok I did not mean 3ft thick most would know I meant 3 inches ok so if you’re going to commit I would appreciate advice you know that would help me not things like that typo when most know I meant 3 inches ok and the commit above about the house again if you have a panel that is 15 ft x 5.6 ft and 3 inch thick would you not just simply turn the acrylic panel to the smaller side and walk through and lets use the common since in this thing I know this is an ambitious project but know when a 3ft thick commit from typing fast is really 3 inch and again offer constructive advice maybe things I have missed or not thought about so when I start posting pictures you can say I gave him that Ideal, you know that would help me out more.

Oh and Skipro and others who are giving me advice and other kudos thank you. You make me want to cont to come here for advice from people more advanced than me.
god this thread is mind numbing. you misspelled like 15 words and made the whole thing hard to read. common "sense" says you're just putting us on. in a big way.

xtrememarinetanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So I have spelling critics as well, well I think I will stop committing on things outside of the spectrum of the project but I will make sure the technical aspects of the project that I post are accurate .

So to answer the question above the official measurements of the tank with other key technical info will be:

· Length x Width x Height (in) (420 x 60 x 180)
· Acrylic Panels: Length x Height (in) (67.2 x 180) with a total of 5 panels.
· Structure materials: Carbon Fiber or Aluminum (Tank) – Wood (façade) for exterior finish.
· Life-Support System – Bio/Chem./Mech – Plus wave machine with electronic monitoring system will also use a chiller or a couple of them.
· Lighting: In tank water proof lighting system
· Heating System: Embedded Heating Coil System
· Power / Energy Management: Solar & Generators
· Aquatic Habitat: Custom designed by the Marine Aquarium Advisor

If I forgot anything please let me know. I am also having a software program written that will aid in the management of marine and freshwater aquariums , it will help with tank specifications if you want to build and habitat and all the whole 9 so if you want a copy I will tell you where you can get it once its complete. And final how do you like my new tank logo I made “Pacific Ocea” lol I know corny but I am into this.

I will also be loading soon a rendering of the tank so you will get a idea of what it will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store