Fish Room Redux - 3600+ Gallon Plywood Tank Build

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
nolapete;2892706; said:
We're doing the ceiling demolition tonight if you want to come by.
I live in Lafayette now...only go to nola on the weekends from time to time. I might stop in next time im there...if the social planer err I mean wife doesnt have us book. Would be in a week or 2...

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
Looking forward to more pics...keep up the good work.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Ken from SELAS was over tonight to help out with the ceiling demolition. My roommate took some pics with my camera, which I can't find now, and his phone, so it'll be tomorrow before I post any new pics.

We took down the ceiling fans, the ceiling sheetrock and insulation, and the framing around the attic stairs. Ken removed all the drywall screws from the front wall 2x4s very quickly with his cordless drill.

We cut the 2x6s for the outer casing around the acrylic window then worked out the logistics on the header for the load bearing wall. I need to pick up some 3" screws and move the existing wiring from the front wall, so we couldn't do anything else tonight. We worked out what we need for the next step and called it a night.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
thats gonna look sweet when its done

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
nolapete;2896167; said:
:swear:GD garbage men are lazy. They didn't empty the 5 cans filled with drywall pieces. I'm going to have to haul them to the dump.

I hate that too...it could be because its house material and that might be a different special pickup. Call the trash people before you rake your back haulling it yourself

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store