Fish Room Redux - 3600+ Gallon Plywood Tank Build

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The primary control will be a float switch that fires a cannon or foghorn if the water level drops more than 2 inches. Other than that, I haven't really worked that through. Once the logistics of the tank build become reality, I'll start working through my ideas for all the subsystems.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Let me help you out then....go look at http://www.digitalaquatics.com/index.php

I am getting the elite unit. This thing can do it all! It will even email you if one of your set paramaters are out of whack and/or have a audible alarm. You can hook water sensors to it for detecting leaks...and email you about it. Set a float switch at the top of your tank...and one of your drains gets cloged and the tank starts to overflow...hits the switch....turns the main pump off and emails you...then when the water levle drops (if the drain is slowly draining) the pump can come back on and cycle on and off like that untill you get home....so your tank doesnt sit not running. If your water temp gets above a set point it can turn on fans...if it gets even higher it can shut off your lights. Use float switches to run a top off system...like...have a RO unit in the garage...hook it to a float switch that keeps a 55gal garbage can full....put a pump in that garbagecan and run it to the main tank with a float switch in the main tank. Then you never have to top off the tank again. Controls lights fans pumps temp....everything!!! Take a gander at what it can do...look on the forum and read what people have made it do. I cant wait to get mine...reading about what it can do is cool...

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The same as TheFishGuy's tank. One of the pipes from the bottom of the tank will come up to 1/4 of the way from the top. Most I'm doing at one time is 25%. It will have a gate valve (VLDesign's tank has one if you don't know what it is) that I can open. The water will go out a drain into my yard. Might as well use the nutrient and nitrate rich water to fertilize the plants.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
NOLAGT;2892439; said:
Let me help you out then....go look at http://www.digitalaquatics.com/index.php

I am getting the elite unit. This thing can do it all! It will even email you if one of your set paramaters are out of whack and/or have a audible alarm. You can hook water sensors to it for detecting leaks...and email you about it. Set a float switch at the top of your tank...and one of your drains gets cloged and the tank starts to overflow...hits the switch....turns the main pump off and emails you...then when the water levle drops (if the drain is slowly draining) the pump can come back on and cycle on and off like that untill you get home....so your tank doesnt sit not running. If your water temp gets above a set point it can turn on fans...if it gets even higher it can shut off your lights. Use float switches to run a top off system...like...have a RO unit in the garage...hook it to a float switch that keeps a 55gal garbage can full....put a pump in that garbagecan and run it to the main tank with a float switch in the main tank. Then you never have to top off the tank again. Controls lights fans pumps temp....everything!!! Take a gander at what it can do...look on the forum and read what people have made it do. I cant wait to get mine...reading about what it can do is cool...
Some things wil be on controls, but for the most part I'm hands on. I do plan on setting up several web cams to be able to watch critical systems. I may even go high tech and have the ability to shutdown/restart remotely across the Internet. You have some great ideas that I'll draw off of for sure. Glad you're local to me :D

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
nolapete;2892591; said:
The water will go out a drain into my yard. Might as well use the nutrient and nitrate rich water to fertilize the plants.
Might as well....just remember you under sea level so 25% might flood ya out with that big mammajamma :nilly: :ROFL:

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
nolapete;2892601; said:
Some things wil be on controls, but for the most part I'm hands on. I do plan on setting up several web cams to be able to watch critical systems. I may even go high tech and have the ability to shutdown/restart remotely across the Internet. You have some great ideas that I'll draw off of for sure. Glad you're local to me :D
Just do this before you do the timer thing. add it all up...timers powerblocks all that...might be worth it to get a controler. You can also datalogg with that one I linked...and I think they are talking about making a myreef program that you can change and check settings via the internet...and its wireless.

I am glad im local too...I really want to see this beast in person :WHOA:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store