Fish Room Redux - 3600+ Gallon Plywood Tank Build

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
nolapete;2887018; said:
First off, if you're seeing a purple sea turtle looking at my avatar, tell me what drugs those are you're using. LOL

You don't have to worry about me using Sani-Tred. I've already got the story from TheFishGuy.

I'm still debating on what I'm actually going to do with the tank; either Blue Max or my original plan to use a liner like my friend's 2 2600 gallon tanks. Regardless of what I seal the tank with, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to use Pond Armor to coat the pieces of my viewing window casing.

Tomorrow night will make this project a reality when I put the crowbar through the sheetrock :D I know that all the prep has been a yawn fest. Things should start picking up now.

We want video!!!!! :D

Dr Joe

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
wow_it_esploded;2886874; said:
DO NOT USE SANITRED! Search MFK for the threads about them!!! Majorly bad experiences all around!
I never used it...just saw about it here and read the site. No idea what happened...

Tossing that crowbar through the sheet rock is going to feel good!!!

moosipher

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Nottingham, UK
PETE!! Quit teasin' and get posting fella! :D
WE WANT PICS OF WHOLESALE DESTRUCTION IN THE NAME OF MONSTER FISH!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The outlet that is on the dining room side of the wall is wired to a switch on the opposing wall. You can see the wire coming down in the last picture in the previous post. The house was built in the 60s and it was used to control a swag light. There is no overhead fixture in my dining room.

I've always thought this sucked because my roommates, daughter, gf at the time I bought my house, and various other people have turned off the switch thinking it switched on a light. They switch it off and on once or more.

No big deal at first glance. Add an aquarium connected to the outlet. It becomes a big deal if I don't catch them doing it. I've had aquariums off for a short time that I've been fortunate enough to catch. It could be bad. The living room has a similar one. It just happens to be the outlet the 210 is connected to. :crazy:

This is a great bonus for my big tank build. I'm going to connect the tank lights to this switch. Too bad fluorescent ligts can't be dimmed. At least not the cheap ones.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Was all that insulation for soundproofing, or did that wall used to be an exterior wall? Why an inside wall insulated that well?

Awesome demo! Can't believe you did it in sandals...

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Lol Flip Flops are the best demolition footwear!

The room has its own AC, so I had it insulated after Katrina to prevent the central AC from creeping through the wall. The fish room and laundry room are part of what used to be the garage. It was already closed in when I bought the house in 2002.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store