INDY DIY GUYS

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2435836; said:
Soooooo. I came home from work today and put up the rest of the studs that I had on hand. Now I have to check the back and see how many more I can afford to buy right now. I figure I neeed about 50 more to get 99% of it done.

Bad news. As pops was lending a hand yesterday, he enlightened me to a 60's Fender Stratocaster that will be needing a new home. I am going to have to see about being that guitar's adopted father.:D

Choices, choices....what to do. Basement or guitar....hmmmm.
Send me that OLD Strat, you don't need nuthin like that to get in the way of fish keepin' LOLOL

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I think I have the unofficial OK to go check it out. I have wanted a Strat for years! Hopefully it turns out to be in great shape.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Pharaoh;2436520; said:
I think I have the unofficial OK to go check it out. I have wanted a Strat for years! Hopefully it turns out to be in great shape.
Yeah an Old Fender Strat with hum-bucking pickups, alot of Classic rock, (which by the way was Acid rock during it's day) was played with a Fender of that vintage...Some of them are worth tens of thousands of dollars...
;) ;) ;)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I know that this one does have humbuckers on it, plus has locking nuts on it too.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2436764; said:
What kinda deal are you getting?
Not exactly sure yet. Going to try and do some wheeling and dealing with cash. Gonna try to drive the price down.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Pharaoh;2438262; said:
Not exactly sure yet. Going to try and do some wheeling and dealing with cash. Gonna try to drive the price down.
I saw one on the antique road show, white with birch colored neck, chrome accents white pick guard and a small Fender amp.
It was somebodys gramps' worth 20K :WHOA:

that blew my mind...this one had penciled serial numbers which are factory authentic. They used to hand number them, till somebody at the factory penciled in some obscenities, (ultra rare, Big BIG $$$) then they went to the ink stamp...it's under the neck plate in that recess...

JonF

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
My wife and I just bought a new house so I plan to build a fish room in the basement as well. You guys are giving me a lot of ideas!

Speaking of strats... here's mine...:)

Strat4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store