INDY DIY GUYS

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
It is a lot bigger than it looks. I went ahead and made it 10' to allow for a little bit of flexibility in setup. Plus, a little extra room to get tanks in and out. I am just glad I built it now. I would have never got it into the fish room. LOL

Gotta love the Kreg Jig. The basement is really coming together. I am having a great time getting this together.

I still have it. Let me know when you will be up/down and I will make sure to have it with me.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Okay, I am 3/4 the way done with running the PVC for the huge air pump (pharaoh says I have to call it that instead of blower). I turned the monster on to be sure it still worked and well it does not put out a ton of air. I mean I wonder if it will be enough to fill the loop. I have another guy who has one just like it and he says it works fine. I am just a little worried I guess.

http://www.marineandreef.com/Pondmaster_AP_40_Aquarium_Air_Pump_p/rdf04540.htm

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
well, I was hoping for feed back on this, but oh well. I finished the PVC and got it all hooked up. I have to still pick up the little Nickel plated brass lever Air Valve 1/16 NPT x 3/16 barb that I ordered. They are now sitting at Pharaohs. Once I get those I can drill and screw them in and run the air hose. I already have all the sponge filters awaiting.

So everyone knows, I ran the with 1 in PVC. The guy who had it before me gave me the old attachment he had made, so I just copied it. It was made to hook to 1 in PVC. I hope that I did not make a huge mistake. I tried to call everyone I knew on this site about it from Lowes. No one answered so I figured it was fine.

What do you all think?

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
mike dunagan;2505080; said:
well, I was hoping for feed back on this, but oh well. I finished the PVC and got it all hooked up. I have to still pick up the little Nickel plated brass lever Air Valve 1/16 NPT x 3/16 barb that I ordered. They are now sitting at Pharaohs. Once I get those I can drill and screw them in and run the air hose. I already have all the sponge filters awaiting.

So everyone knows, I ran the with 1 in PVC. The guy who had it before me gave me the old attachment he had made, so I just copied it. It was made to hook to 1 in PVC. I hope that I did not make a huge mistake. I tried to call everyone I knew on this site about it from Lowes. No one answered so I figured it was fine.

What do you all think?
As long as you have an airtight loop, .50" or larger, you'll be fine...That Blower puts out over 1.6 cubic feet of air per minute...

Awaiting pix....where are the pix?!?:popcorn:

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Just come by tomorrow and pick up those air valves. then you can get it finished up. I will be painting and finishing up the rack by tomorrow. By the way, I don't remember getting a phone call about whether or not PVC will work. LOL

I will say this regarding the dolphin pump that you have. Don't expect it to put out air like my pump does. I have WAY to few connections hooked up to it. It is putting out way more that it has to to effectively work. I would think that you should be fine.

Zenn!!! More Indy style projects to add into the mix. Yesterday, I began working with my sister on the new in-wall tank setup. I talked he into it so we could have a tank to show off. I will post pics in a few.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I'll be adding an indoor pond in the near future. I got the liner:D

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Well sorry to both of you. I can not post pics because the wife is charging the camera for the Colts game tomorrow. The nice 1000+ dollar telephoto lens will get used too! So I can not come by or get pictures today. However tomorrow night, I will try. See I also visqueened the fishroom as you know, and working with PVC in an almost air tightroom makes you really light headed... so I could not grab pictures before she started.

It is a closed loop. I figure it will be fine, but I like to worry that it will not work and then blam! It does.

Finally some feed back. I swear I called you too! Perhaps lowes blocks cellphones so you buy the wrong thing, use it and can not return it. Sound familar Pharaoh?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
What lens is it mike?

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
rallysman;2505160; said:
I'll be adding an indoor pond in the near future. I got the liner:D

Finally you join us and post in the INDY GUYS. Please add all your work here too! Show everyone how we "ROLL":ROFL:

and I did crap in your Lawn, what now Rallysman?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store