INDY DIY GUYS

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Those top trim pieces are a major to replace...
once you get the silicone cut and the top pried off,
cleaning the old silicone from the replacement part so it can be put on is almost as bad...
I know for fact!...
Good job Bro,:headbang2:headbang2
I know what you went through...
I'd probably pass on a tank that needed that repair now after having done it.:grinno:

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Well when I bought it I did not know it was missing the lid was on it and it looked to be there. It has no scratches, and was never filled with water. It was used for two months then a larger tank was bought that was cracked for his breaded dragons. I thought, It was a great deal. I started to set it up, took the lid off and blam!!! No center brace. I have like 6 band aids on right now so I can even type!!!!!! I look like the weirdo in the office now!

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
The Amazonian;1913847; said:
Cant wait till its finished , nice work!:headbang2
Thanks, Tomorrow I plan to paint the back of the 120s. Well the two and test fill the sump. Then I will move the sump into place and bolt stand 1 and 2 together. I will then place the 120s on top of the stands and put the overflows in place. I will most likely plumb the two tank after I get back from chicago. Then call over friends to drain the other 120 and then paint the back of that and setup the final 120. I will then transfer the fronts and comps/calvus to the 135 upstairs and move the mbuan into their 120. After which I will start to skin the whole project and build the false canopy.

Hope to have it all done by my cook out for the MCA and local guys by the 12th of July!

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Lookin pretty sweet there! Can't wait to see the finished product. If I had the time and a better car I would offer to help you out more. But now having to paint almost every wall in the house and driving something that get's 14 to 16 mpg is really sucking! But I promise I will be there the 12th!

web2844

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Olympia, WA
Lookin good mike, I can't wait to see those 120's come together. I think that will be a great setup. btw, those julies you sold me are doing great.

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
You should just drag them out in the sun and paint them so the paint bakes right on. When I test did the ten that I got from you I got 3 coats on in under an hour. I know a coat at a time would just drive me insane waiting for one to dry! I don't know about you but I have to get it done quickly, too slowly would be a pain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store