Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
rED O;3058967; said:
I did not say i was 100% and no I am not guessing. zebra oscar is a trade name for a juvinile tiger oscar. he looks like a young wild oscar and will mot likely just turn out like a normal wild oscar. I posted this on anther fish forum and I will quote another experienced oscar keeper

''It's definitely got cool markings, but without a collector's pedigree behind it I doubt it's anything special. The dude claims it's a new [unrecognized] species (Astronotus rubrocellatus) that pretty much only has hits on google that are from threads he created.''
Stop lumping all "wild" oscars into one group, there are many different species and sp from many different river systems.

What do you mean a "collectors pedigree behind it" ?
But if you are implying what I think you are implying, yes this fish has been confrmed that it was collected from the Rio Negro from reputable collectors and it is the first time that there has been an oscar from that region make it in to the trade. May I remind you that most Japanese importers will only buy from reputable collectors and they pay premium prices for this privilage. The reason no one know about it is b/c it has not been imported before and google means crap when you are talking about fish of this caliber.

My friend you better do some more research before putting your foot in that mouth of yours. Here is a friend of mine who also got a few of the handful that made it here to Japan.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231901

So, it seems to me that you are just guessing and taking the word of someone else on a fish seem to not have much knowledge on.

tvroutt;3058977; said:
r these fish available n cali?
No. So far only in Japan.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
rED O;3058967; said:
I did not say i was 100% and no I am not guessing. zebra oscar is a trade name for a juvinile tiger oscar. he looks like a young wild oscar and will mot likely just turn out like a normal wild oscar. I posted this on anther fish forum and I will quote another experienced oscar keeper

''It's definitely got cool markings, but without a collector's pedigree behind it I doubt it's anything special. The dude claims it's a new [unrecognized] species (Astronotus rubrocellatus) that pretty much only has hits on google that are from threads he created.''
are you a clown, troll, or newb? better recognize before you open your mouth

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
:shakehead

look i am not a clown troll or what ever you said

okay

in 6 months time post a picture of this ''rare oscar'' and only time can tell. But I have seen oscars with patterns like that and turn out... well like a common oscar.

I don't want to offend anyone, but in 6 months I can almost guarantee he will not have those colors. They look like juvenile colors.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
there are new species being discovered daily. different varieities make their way to Japan and not to North America for a reason.

if you have nothing constructive to say, probably should keep your novice opinions to yourself. Ashdavid was not born yesterday, nor did he keep fish just starting yesterday. Sure, only time will tell, even more the reason why you should not offer the destructive comments. ;)

rED O;3059079; said:
:shakehead

look i am not a clown troll or what ever you said

okay

in 6 months time post a picture of this ''rare oscar'' and only time can tell. But I have seen oscars with patterns like that and turn out... well like a common oscar.

I don't want to offend anyone, but in 6 months I can almost guarantee he will not have those colors. They look like juvenile colors.

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
Well, I would like to see what the rare oscars look like at 4''+ Why don't they have large oscars that size with that color? why only juv oscars?

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
I don't know what it'll look like as an adult, but it looks pretty damn cool at present.

I recently saw a very interesting oscar at a LFS, very elongated body, not the usual stubby kind and almost all black with white edged fins.

I would've bought it but it was big enough to... coincidentally, eat my little murray cod.

:D

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
rED O;3059102; said:
Well, I would like to see what the rare oscars look like at 4''+ Why don't they have large oscars that size with that color? why only juv oscars?
You still are not getting it are you? This is the first time they were able to be collected, as it happens all that caught was fish ranging in size from 1" to 3". Do you think that the collectors put money in a machine and say to the fish gods that they want 3 pcs at 1", 5 pcs at 5" and 1 pcs of an adult.:screwy: It is totally random and obtaining rare fish means that the pickings are slim.
As for what colors or traits they will have is something we will just have to wait and see, but anyone with half a clue about this trade will know not to say that fish will turn out a certain way with almost certainty when there is no possible way you could know what they will look like.

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
BTW, color is not the only trait that seperates fish, body shape ,fin size ect ,ect.

Although a very good tool, it is funny when an expert talks about google for identifing fish...:ROFL:

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
M|L;3059106; said:
I don't know what it'll look like as an adult, but it looks pretty damn cool at present.

I recently saw a very interesting oscar at a LFS, very elongated body, not the usual stubby kind and almost all black with white edged fins.

I would've bought it but it was big enough to... coincidentally, eat my little murray cod.

:D
You better grow that murray cod up nice and big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store