Making my 800 gal larger.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
TheFishGuy;2747857; said:
I see... So your mind has already been put to ease... My brother is the same way. No matter how I explain something he can never visualize it... I've got a decent "minds eye" or so I've been told :confused:

Me too! Seven hours and counting :headbang2:nilly::headbang2

Hey, I was in your exact same position at one point! I was in an apartment with 7 tanks set up, a 75, 3-55's a 15 and two tens... and I joined www.cichlid-forum.com and started reading a thread about someone building an 8'x4'x4' tank and was in awe! Unfortunately after reading like 15 pages it just ended in the middle of nowhere! :screwy: Then every time someone posted I'd get notified and get all excited but nothing ever happened. I told myself that if I ever built a tank I'd see it all the way through, and start a thread and run it all the way through too... My point is I know where you guys are coming from and I'll try not to disappoint :) And if anyone decides they want to build a tank because of this thread then by all means let me know about it, put a link to your thread on this one, I won't care! I love reading about builds! When I'm all said and done I'm going to go back through all the videos, watch them and then give them better discriptions so if I or anyone else wants to go back and reference it'll be a little easier :) I'm glad you guys are enjoying the up dates, was the video diary a good idea or what?:headbang2
Absolutely. You would have to have great visualization skills. I consider mine decent as well I work with custom fab sheet metal pieces. 31 folds to create something and you have to visualize from start to finish (no instructions ofcourse) But you just plain have a gift buddy. Rock on!

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
First off, thanks for the very nice compliment tcarswell, second, I can definately take some video of what I came home with... Third I've got some good news and bad news... The bad news is the tank leaked... The good news is I know why and it can easily be fixed... Only trouble is I filled the thing (two hours and twenty minutes) and I had to empty it an hour later...

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
That's not good!!! can't wait to see what you got.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
So sorry to hear man I am sure you will figure it out in no time. You can consider the fill a buffer fill to remove any residue or toxins and to clean your tank right ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store