Making my 800 gal larger.

aaron89

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
UK
insane!!!

i wanna see it when its filled and with fish.

COOL.

build me one please mate lol

snaggle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Still no update, I sure hope that life got in the way and the leak is not too bad. Can't wait for the next video.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Hi folks,
First off, I’m sorry I have not posted lately. My heart has not been in it. I did fill the tank last Friday and everything was fine. An hour later I discovered a major leak and had to drain the tank. The leak was caused by a spot in the pond armor where a piece of fiberglass was left and a bubble of air was trapped behind the pond armor and burst under the pressure thus creating a crack in the pond armor on the floor of the tank. Another leak was discovered in the plumbing and was easily fixed. Actually I’m kind of embarrassed about that because I knew doing it that it was going to be risky. Both the crack and bubble were fixed with very little effort and the tank was again filled Monday night. The weekend was too busy to do it any earlier. This morning I woke to find the tank about an inch and a half low. There seems to be an issue with the floor of the deep end but I have yet to drain the last three inches out of the deep end and clean it to inspect. I’m feeling a bit defeated at the moment so I apologize for the lack of posting. One thing that did lift my spirits was finding out from the water company that it only costs $12.30 to fill the tank. So I’m not feeling so bad wasting the water.

The plan is to work on finding the issue tomorrow and solving it then filling Wednesday morning. Hopefully I will have good news Wednesday evening. Third time’s a charm!

Thank you for following the thread and for all the moral support.

Jonathan

Ps This is a “copy and paste” post and I will gladly get to any and all questions as soon as possible. First priority is to get this figured out. Thanks for understanding.

snaggle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Keep on truckin' your tanks and monster fish rescue is an inspiration too. Looking forward too seeing her full of fish soon.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Thanks fellas, even my wife said that when I was building the 800 it seemed like I was genuinely having fun, but this time she said it (especially the last few days) it seems like I'm stressing like it's a big side job. I just need a night to relax and take a deep breath and remember that this is my hobby and not work. That Monster Fish Rescue is my passion, and not work... I'll be better once I get a chance to sleep in a bit and go at it like I know how to. Patiently...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store