My DIY Sump Design

JaxsBr

Candiru
MFK Member
May 19, 2009
South Africa
the sock will be fine aslong as the water level is below the socks top.

KaiserSousay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
PartlyCloudyFlorida
Looks good to me.
I don`t see any ghetto in it, unless your going to use an old gym sock.
BTW: I wouldn`t use any aluminum angles for the pegboard ledge. If you can`t find anything else to use, pvc mouldings would work.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
KaiserSousay;3161628;3161628 said:
Looks good to me.
I don`t see any ghetto in it, unless your going to use an old gym sock.
BTW: I wouldn`t use any aluminum angles for the pegboard ledge. If you can`t find anything else to use, pvc mouldings would work.
thx, haha no i wont be using an actual gym sock. why do you think the aluminum will be no good? and what type of PVC moldings? i walked around Lowes and couldnt really find anything else. i want something that i can glue to the sides of the tank to support the drip plate. i dont wanna use pvc legs. any ideas?

SoDakJeep

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
South Dakota
just use 90 deg pvc ends if your worried about the metal. that way you can have lil feet and if need be can cut pvc pipe to give you the right height.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
SoDakJeep;3162922; said:
just use 90 deg pvc ends if your worried about the metal. that way you can have lil feet and if need be can cut pvc pipe to give you the right height.
NICE! i like that idea :)

chonhzilla;3163311; said:
Is this supposed to replace your FX5? Or for a new tank?
new tank! i plan on running this plus two FX5s :)

rnocera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Lowes & such does sell plastic strips similar to the aluminum you're talking about. It should be in the same aisle where they sell screen for windows. Ask an employee where you'd find plastic u-channels. The stuff that makes a 90 degree corner will be in the same spot as those.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
nice! this is the thread that inspired me. the drunk DIY sump lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store