New DYI Tank 135 in progress

Dr. Octoclops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2005
NY
I was a little scared looking at that first pick of what seemed to be a coffin with two uneven holes cut out on the sides. I thought to myself "this crazy bastard is going to fill that thing with water and put it in his house? No way."
But I must admit that it's coming out really cool. I think that background is going to look awesome. I had no idea you could use styrofoam in a fish tank. A nice stain on the outside wood of the tank and I think you're going to have a pretty bad *** one of a kind tank.
Thanks for documenting all of this...I'm impressed.

Recycling Works

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2005
Steve Irwins Shadow
weekend, got some stuff done,

second coat on background, cement mix too chunky and should have dabbed instead of brush stroked, was in a hurry for some stupid reason, this is how it will look, will now mist it a few times till its dried, then soak in salt water for a couple weeks to cure it.

coated overflow wall

installed drain

first coat on statues, cement mix too chunky and should have dabbed instead of brush stroked, will fix by dabbing the last coat, will hopefully give it a smoother finish

second coat 001.jpg

overflow box.jpg

drain.jpg

statues sec.jpg

statues sec2.jpg

eh1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2005
*indiana*
back ground and heads look amazing nice job :thumbsup: :clap

Calgone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Indiana
Nice work sticking it through this far. Those setbacks weren't hills... they were mountains... but it's looking great so far. The theme is original too. Keep it up!

dapike1979

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
Keep up the good work!! :clap

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store