Upcoming Movies and TV shows

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Personally, the new gladiator previews have me cringing. The original was obviously not meant to be sequeled, and it was perfect. They couldve just as easily done a new blockbuster sword and sandal and given a decent budget and some directing talent it will still be a success. But no, they have to corrupt the name of an established masterpiece with whatever dumpster fire of a movie this will be.

Hollywood needs a full purge. Nothing on the screen today but garbage.

Also since it was mentioned, the fallout series was a major letdown as well.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Personally, the new gladiator previews have me cringing. The original was obviously not meant to be sequeled, and it was perfect. They couldve just as easily done a new blockbuster sword and sandal and given a decent budget and some directing talent it will still be a success. But no, they have to corrupt the name of an established masterpiece with whatever dumpster fire of a movie this will be.

.....it doesn't matter to me if they want to call it a sequel or whatever and I really dont care how they associate characters in this one with the previous film.I enjoy big budget period films,especially if there is plenty of action and fighting.I'll definitely be kicking back watching this one in the theater when it releases.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
.....it doesn't matter to me if they want to call it a sequel or whatever,enjoy big budget period films,especially if there is plenty of action and fighting.
Seems to me i cant enjoy just any old action-fight these days. Like those john wick movies--i fall asleep. The particular brand of action numbs my mind for whatever reason.

Now, the original gladiator--great action. I seem to recall the sound being particularly realistic and impressive in theaters. But i doubt this sequel will contain any semblance of the action cinematography we saw in the first. Itll probably just be endless loops of people almost getting killed and getting saved at the last second--my personal most annoying action-fight scene trope.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands

I played the Fallout games and IMO the tv series didn't capture the same feel. But I did find the series entertaining enough, though that may be in part due to no better shows available to watch at the time.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Seems to me i cant enjoy just any old action-fight these days. Like those john wick movies--i fall asleep. The particular brand of action numbs my mind for whatever reason.

Now, the original gladiator--great action. I seem to recall the sound being particularly realistic and impressive in theaters. But i doubt this sequel will contain any semblance of the action cinematography we saw in the first. Itll probably just be endless loops of people almost getting killed and getting saved at the last second--my personal most annoying action-fight scene trope.
.....any old,no,I have had my fill with the John Wick shoot em up,beat up everyone types of movies but as I've said,I enjoy well done period films.I wish we didn't have to wait until November lol!

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
I generally agree that modern Hollywood is pure sludge. However I enjoyed the new twisters movie. Good acting, good story, fairly accurate southern/midwest culture. And my favorite part? It wasn’t pushing any obvious political message. Recommend it highly

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
And my favorite part? It wasn’t pushing any obvious political message. Recommend it highly
That's become a real factor in what I spend my time watching these days. I think I'll see this movie.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store