4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Thanks for all the kind words. It means a lot.

Saw 4 wild turkeys Friday morning and 7 Friday evening. We didn't see any deer during the 3 morning and 2 evening hunts. I saw one doe feeding on the side of the road on our way to the stands. Uggh! It was fun, beautiful, and very peaceful. Much needed R&R. Glad to be back home to the wife though.

Can't wait until Saturday. I'm hoping this will be the end of this phase of the project and the start of the next. Keep your fingers, eyes, legs, arms and everything else possible to cross crossed!

If you've made a donation, please send me a pm with your name and address. I'd like to send you something special when the tank is done and want to make sure I don't miss anyone.

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
It has taken most of my free time the last 2 weekends to read every post in this thread. Inspirational and information packed, it was worth every minute! I'm pulling for the coating solution to work, and silence the doubters! Looking forward to Saturday!
Matt

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Bad news. Leaking once it got to right below the top of the bottom 2x6 on the window. Never has leaked at that level before, so I must have not sealed over the 2x6 enough and it most likely leaked through the new screws I put in. Draining now.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
My cousin keeps telling me I should take a chopper gun and fiberglass the whole thing. I don't know anything about fiberglass and what it needs to be coated with after it's in place. I'm open to suggestions at this point.

After seeing VL's problems with the concrete board and pond armor, and his problems with the new tank, I'm skeptical that any coating can protect a plywood sheathed tank for any extended period of time. Considering Jonathan's problems with his tank and pond armor, I think there's more to this equation that we're not seeing.

It may very well not be the coating at all, but the ability to apply it consistently and get the recommended thickness over the entire surface.

I'm not giving up. I still have about 2.5 gallons of Permadri that I can apply to the 2x6s.

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Dang Pete!! I thought you had it sorted this time.
Anyway I know you should not give up and try to keep your chin up.
Has anyone built a wooden tank this large before Pete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store