Above the Tavern with Parka!

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
I'm curious as to whether you have smart, hiding koi or long ago digested koi!
As am I! almost erry night I have a dream that I see them, they're hiding still! How should I know? Until I can confirm they are gone, I still hold out hope because My Swimmers are Shiny Acrobatic Water Beasts and that so called 'Great' Heron almost took a size 12 to the bodice, he ain't bean back since!

I'm still digging away out there, once I start a dig, I like to keep on digging. That pool is gonna be almost underground at the high end. Where do ya think the term, 'Dig it', came from? I don't mean personally but ya know the kind of oddball dudes that will dig out an underground bunker and fill it with sardines and bottled water, to wait for doomsday? Them weirdos got a boat load of energy and I got that same kind of non stop energy 'cept I use my wacky energy for fun stuff, not that doomsday crap.

I want to dig up the whole yard now, for fun reasons! But I won't, not yet. NYC Plywood Aquarium is on the Front Burner, time to get prepared.

All my pics are starting to look alike any ole way! I got plans to shake things up, Good Afternoon!

Reactions: AR1

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
I dig ya man!
I need a helper anyway, to spread the pool liner and set the support poles, so I'm still scratching away, yesterday I was busy goofing off on the Boss Bike because for too long all i been doing is scratchin that itch to keep digging! Today is the DAY for SURE! I won't set the pool up today but the all the leveling should be near perfect after today's, I cannot call it 'WORK' because it is too GD FUN! Now listen Dummies, I tole ya I got all this energy, I sorta always have, but it is my body that can't keep up with my Spirit! Gall Dang it, I'm Ten days older than Haggard Madonna! Crap!

• Haha
Reactions: Sassafras and AR1

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Parka Parka , Self Reporting!

I'm still digging that hole, Double Dunce Digging it too! The Dig continues at my Convenience. I have a side issue that needs dealt with alongside the main dig, it's the giant pile of dirt that I removed, I'm using it to create the roadways and entrances and exits around the pool/pond area. I'm pulling the dirt downhill to grade the road so it really is not so difficult at all, but the Best News by far, I took this pic today, My Koi are safe and sound! And secretive! WOW! Plus I'm seeing more juvies in the pool. I get too tired to chat good! But yes, get this next pool set, that is the plan! I wanted to talk about My Inner Junkie, he was in charge this weekend!KOI were in hiding!.jpg

• Love
Reactions: AR1 and Sassafras

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
USA
Great to know that the koi escaped Mr. Long Beak! Gotta admit, I was "skeptable" With plant growth that dense, you really can't see anything underneath. Bet they are loving it, guess the babies prove that. Dirt work sounds extensive to say the least, pool pads, approach ramps, etc. Keep on truckin' man!

Reactions: Parka and AR1

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
OMG thats a lot of water!
It rained almost non-stop for 2 1/2 days, we got just shy of 8" of rain, and most of that water has drained, for sure some of it has but it is still going to be too sloppy for another day or two.

Also, once I get that ground broken, the underneath dirt just is NOT that difficult to get after. What it is, is time consuming, and time flies when I'm Diggin it!

So with that in mind, I have been thinking about a pond liner and do something much nicer to look at as opposed to a giant kiddie pool. NO cement or concrete.

If I do a pond dig this winter, it sounds like a solid plan to me! Before any pond dig, the NYC of Plywood Aquariums has Top Priority!

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store