4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozkar

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Hey Pete,

Did you decide yet whether or not you are going to try to isolate the front window to determine the leak location? Any progress lately?

No pressure! Just checking in. :)

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hoping to go pick up the visquene and 1x2s I need to partition off the front window today. We are going to look at a car, going to the reptile and exotic pet expo here, and maybe going to Oktoberfest tonight, so I may not have time. Tomorrow we're going to a friend's for the Saints game. Shooting to get the partition up this afternoon and test it when we get back after the game tomorrow.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Bought the materials, but had no time to install it and test.

Bought 3 baby Florida softshell turtles and a juvenile sunburst bearded dragon at the show. We bought a light from a vendor and found the bulb was broken when we got it home. Attempted to gently install the heavily striated spare bulb we bought and it broke immediately. Ended up going to Petsmart to get a light. Had to go back to the show on Sunday and deal with the vendor who was a complete jerk about the return and wouldn't refund for the second bulb. He was so much a jerk that the production company manager gave us the product price sans the tax.

Hoping to work on the tank tonight. I'm going to drill holes in the 1x2 pieces so they won't split when I nail them up. I bought 10x25 roll of visquene which will allow me to have 4 layers between the water and the window. Not that I think I need 4, but 14 mil has to be better than 3.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store