4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Finally had time to put up the visquene and boards. About to go turn on the hose and start the test. I don't know what the result is, but I have a plan for either result. 2x6 frame over the plywood/rubber gasket joint on the window if it's the window. Liner if it's the tank.

DSCN0058.JPG

DSCN0059.JPG

DSCN0060.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Billy_m24;4555944; said:
what are you sealing it with I would suggest ames blue max
I was one of the first on MFK to discover Blue Max. Ame's unfortunately will not guarantee their product for holding water. The product I am using is another water-based product like Blue Max originated by Liquid Rubber in Canada. It's an asphalt emulsion with no VOCs produced in the US by Permadri under trade names such as Pond Coat and Rubber Coat. I'm a reseller for the product line.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
After about 2800 gallons it started showing the same leak. I doubt it took longer to show because of the window blocked off. I think it is leaking in the same place it always has and because I didn't stop at 27-30" range where it was showing up it showed up later. I'm done trying to figure this out. Next step is putting a liner in it as I had originally planned. When that will be, I really don't know.

Ozkar

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2007
Baltimore, MD
nolapete;4556671; said:
After about 2800 gallons it started showing the same leak. I doubt it took longer to show because of the window blocked off. I think it is leaking in the same place it always has and because I didn't stop at 27-30" range where it was showing up it showed up later. I'm done trying to figure this out. Next step is putting a liner in it as I had originally planned. When that will be, I really don't know.
Don't let it get you down Pete.

I prefer black to the brown color, so I think it will look better with the liner.

Now get crackin' soldier! :grinno:

boredinthepeg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Billy_m24;4555944; said:
what are you sealing it with I would suggest ames blue max
Are you a blue max dealer?? Everywhere I look it's blue max this and blue max that.
Sorry to hear the tank still leaks, hope the liner works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store