4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
donated to the cause
come on everyone i know you can afford a couple of dollars, yen, rupees, pounds, franks, pesos, or whatever else you may call your money. lets see a wave of people donating.

remember it will take more than liner money to actually complete this universally awesome build.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
nolapete;4710754; said:
If donating doesn't suit you, you could always consider it a wedding present. :D

YA! _ hehe

blacktarotannis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Deltona, Fl
www.youtube.com
I think within no time you should be able to raise enough to *our dream tank* lol...
Come on people instead of buying that one fish you don't need help a fellow MFK! This is a great cause lol.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Sealing the liner around the window will be very easy. 2x6 frame coated with rubber coat screwed in with deck screws. The liner will be sandwiched between the tank wall rubber coat and the rubber coat on the frame.
Just a thought.. Since the screws are going to be holding the liner against the wall, maybe use some Acrylic/plastic instead of a 2 x 6 coated in rubber coat? The acyrlic is already waterproof, plus it will not want to float to the surface. You'd never have to worry about the acyrlic soaking up water and deteriorating. You would need relatively thin strips, you might find a plastic supplier that would sell you cut offs pretty cheap.

I know that the rubbercoat, if applied perfectly, should protect the wood indefinitely, but using acrylic would be one less thing that could potentially go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store