4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
Lets get this build going!!! Come on people taxes are coming up surely you can spare a few dollars to kick this project off right. Break out the old wallet and pull the dust saver off of it and fork out a few bills. Your kids will thank you when they see you have left them alone for a few hours to go read the thread again.

Hoop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
Washington, D.C.
I wish the timing had been a little different on when you decided to go to a liner. As I recently moved and at my old house we had a water garden that was in place for only 1 season and we used a .45 mil 20 x 25 foot pond liner. When we moved we just filled in dirt on top of it, but I don't think the new owners would look kindly on me going to exhume it :-(

I definitely would have sent it down to you if the timing had worked out better.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Younglin;4764235; said:
They use pure cement in some pools. Keeps it smooth.
At the risk of prolonging this totally unrelated (and somewhat pedantic) side debate, can you back that up with anything?

Like I said before; almost nothing is built using straight cement without aggregates, additives, or reinforcements - including pools. Maybe you're thinking of the grouting or plaster applied to the inside of a concrete pool form, but even that isn't just cement, it's a special mortar or 'plaster'. Concrete swimming pools are commonly built with steel reinforced concrete, either poured into forms, or sprayed into a negative form (shotcrete). Reinforced concrete can be polished to a mirror finish, so there is no concern with keeping it smooth.

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
At the risk of prolonging this totally unrelated (and somewhat pedantic) side debate, can you back that up with anything?

Like I said before; almost nothing is built using straight cement without aggregates, additives, or reinforcements - including pools. Maybe you're thinking of the grouting or plaster applied to the inside of a concrete pool form, but even that isn't just cement, it's a special mortar or 'plaster'. Concrete swimming pools are commonly built with steel reinforced concrete, either poured into forms, or sprayed into a negative form (shotcrete). Reinforced concrete can be polished to a mirror finish, so there is no concern with keeping it smooth.
lots of companies will build the pools out of cinder blocks or concrete then apply a layer of cement. Keeps it perfectly smooth and looks nicer.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hoop;4768349; said:
I wish the timing had been a little different on when you decided to go to a liner. As I recently moved and at my old house we had a water garden that was in place for only 1 season and we used a .45 mil 20 x 25 foot pond liner. When we moved we just filled in dirt on top of it, but I don't think the new owners would look kindly on me going to exhume it :-(

I definitely would have sent it down to you if the timing had worked out better.
I appreciate the thought. Thanks.

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
Where is everything at currently?

spates 33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2010
oregon
could some one please tell me if this would work to coat the inside of a plywood tank and allso what it would do to my ph???

Pond Coat® is a modified elastomeric asphalt emulsion specifically formulated for application by brush, squeegee or roller. Pond Coat® is a cold applied, single component product that yields a membrane with excellent strength, elasticity and adhesion. Pond Coat is an environmentally friendly waterproofing product that can be applied indoors and outdoors with conventional protective equipment.*
BRUSH GRADEPropertyTypical ResultsSpecific gravity (liquid) g/cm3Approx. 1.0 OdorNoneVOCContains no solventsColorBrown to black% solids (wt)53-58Viscosity, Brookfield, sp. #5, 20 rpm8000-9000pH10-12PERFORMANCE (Cured membrane)PropertyTypical ResultsColorBlack Specific gravity g/cm3Approximately 1.0Chemical resistanceResistant to most inorganic solutions. Not recommended for gasoline or other petroleum products. Consult Chemical Resistance chart for further information.Biological resistance ASTM E 154, ASTM 0412Passed (> 90% original value)Impact resistanceCSB37-GP-500 23oC, in-lbsPassed (168) Water tightness after impactPassed (no leakage)Water tightness CGSB 37-GP-56Zero Leakage Tensile strength ASTM 0412, psi90Elongation, %850Accelerated weathering, ASTM G 155,0 412Passed (No deterioration of film)Tensile strengthPassed (> 90% original value) Hardness, Ourometer Type 0085-87Salt Fog Corrosion, Steel ASTM D4121000 hours passingSurfaceCorrosion ASTM D610No Corrosion after 500 hours,
0.03% after 1000 hoursAdhesion to concrete ASTM C907111 PSIHardness ASTM D224650 Type APuncture resistance CGSB 37-GP-56No perforationsWater Vapor Transmissions ASTM E960.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store