4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Pete you gotta an update on the received funds. How much more to go?

Come on people it is Christmas, burn that spouse a little and give up some green for the cause. They will never know you bought it on sale anyways!

impjd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Hi Pete, I sent a donation to the cause. I look forward to pics when this awesome tank is full of water (with no leaks!) and fish.
Merry Fishmas!

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
Just to clarify, I asked the all knowing google and got the following response:
Google said:
Although the terms cement and concrete often are used interchangeably, cement is actually an ingredient of concrete. Concrete is basically a mixture of aggregates and paste. The aggregates are sand and gravel or crushed stone; the paste is water and portland cement. Concrete gets stronger as it gets older. Portland cement is not a brand name, but the generic term for the type of cement used in virtually all concrete, just as stainless is a type of steel and sterling a type of silver. Cement comprises from 10 to 15 percent of the concrete mix, by volume. Through a process called hydration, the cement and water harden and bind the aggregates into a rocklike mass. This hardening process continues for years meaning that concrete gets stronger as it gets older.

So, there is no such thing as a cement sidewalk, or a cement mixer; the proper terms are concrete sidewalk and concrete mixer.
Pete, can you PM me your paypal info pls? I have a few bucks I can toss into the liner fund. Its the least I can do for the hours of enjoyment i've gotten reading this thread and the knowledge i've gained following along the build process.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
kallmond;4762565; said:
Just to clarify, I asked the all knowing google and got the following response:
Pretty much. There is almost nothing made from "cement" without some kind of aggregate or reinforcement structure; Certainly not Hydroelectric Dams! :nilly:

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
They use pure cement in some pools. Keeps it smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store