4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
No pictures yet, but probably Wednesday. Ken is most likely coming over then to help again.

We worked on some of the electrical, insulation in the room, framed the header in the front wall, and put up the molding around the front of the tank.

The light switch in the dining room now works again as it did before. It controls an outlet on the front tank wall, but now the outlet does something useful. Two of the 4' shop lights are connected to the outlet. There will be 8-10 in total when I'm done with only the two controlled by the dining room switch on most of the time.

The house was built in 1964 when swag lights were all the rage. The dining room doesn't have an overhead light (that's a project for another time), so the outlet was a way to have light controlled in the room by the switch. Completely dumb in my opinion.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
Switched outlets can be useful things.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Here's a little teaser. Hopefully, tomorrow's pics will be far more interesting.

You can see the framing around the tank is redone on the front, the switch that controls the lights I described, the outlet for the two lights controlled by the dining room switch, the cross bracing, the way the insulation is in the rafters, and the hard rubber that goes behind the acrylic to bridge the seal between the Dow 795 and liquid rubber. When installed, the rubber is 1/2" and is flush with the plywood except on the bottom where there's a 1/16" difference.

The pic that you can see my shoes I'm standing on the tank wall. I can almost stand straight up and I'm 5'11".

The white bag in the corner is the threads from MFK and AC up until today. The one from AC I printed with all the pictures and the MFK just has the printable version.

PICT0006.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0008.JPG

PICT0010.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

PICT0012.JPG

PICT0013.JPG

PICT0014.JPG

PICT0015.JPG

PICT0016.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.