4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
nolapete;3909614; said:
I'd guess that the tanks had some film on the glass preventing the Pond Coat from bonding. It could have been that it was too humid and it hadn't fully cured. Permadri recommends using a moisture meter to verify that it is 15% or less
Tanks were cleaned with acetone and a razor blade before anything was applied... Same method I use before apllying silicone :)

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I don't trust acetone based on what I've seen it do to my daughter's fingernail polish. I use distilled white vinegar and water to clean my tanks prior to resealing. I know acetone supposedly leaves no residue, but I don't believe it.

=====

Ordered 15 gallons of Permadri Rubber Coat from Scott at USI Coatings this morning.

Ken and I started working on the filter barrels. Cut 3" holes for the Uniseals. Fortunately, the barrels are free as we cut the holes in the one for the left side the same as the right; makes it a bit difficult to plumb. Also, the holes for the settling barrel aren't to my liking. I'll use those two barrels for the 5000 gallon pond's filter. Charles is bringing some more barrels next Saturday, so we'll make two new settling barrels.

gibson324

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
United States of America
Big builds in New Orleans? I barley have room to put upa a 10 gallon in my yard right here in houma :nilly:

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Do you know if cypress is fish safe or if it leaches and harmfull chemicals ?
I had some in my 600g tank in Florida. They did not leach anything harmful. They did leach tanon (sp?) for a few weeks. Just made the water a light tea color and eventually went away. I cleaned and soked them throughly before using and they still leached and took a long time to waterlog, so I sealed them to the bottom of the tank with silicone.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Way to go Pete sounds like the home stretch!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
gibson324;3914621; said:
Big builds in New Orleans? I barley have room to put upa a 10 gallon in my yard right here in houma :nilly:
LOL, I have a 210, 90, 29, and 20L just in my living room. There's a 10 sick tank in the other room along with 2 5's and a 10 that I'm getting ready to plant immersed.

In the garage there's a 55 and 90, both drilled, awaiting new bulkheads. A 50 breeder that was my zoanthid tank. It's getting the plumbing/filtration reworked to set back up salt.

There's the 135 that I'm refurbishing as a demo at our aquarium society meeting next weekend. Showing people how to remove silicone, repair a cracked bottom, cut glass, install overflow/tank wall (removes stress from bad side), reattach trim so it doesn't seep, and resealing the tank. All hands on, so they aren't just watching.

Then there's 6 10 gallon tanks, a 65 breeder, and two 75s.

Oh and the two 170 gallon plywood tanks I'm building along with the framing for the 160, 215, and the 450 plywood tanks.

Oh and that tiny 4300 gallon tank which this thread is about.

Oh and another 55 RR Oceanic waiting for me to pickup at my sister's house in Gray.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
nolapete;3915503; said:
LOL, I have a 210, 90, 29, and 20L just in my living room. There's a 10 sick tank in the other room along with 2 5's and a 10 that I'm getting ready to plant immersed.

In the garage there's a 55 and 90, both drilled, awaiting new bulkheads. A 50 breeder that was my zoanthid tank. It's getting the plumbing/filtration reworked to set back up salt.

There's the 135 that I'm refurbishing as a demo at our aquarium society meeting next weekend. Showing people how to remove silicone, repair a cracked bottom, cut glass, install overflow/tank wall (removes stress from bad side), reattach trim so it doesn't seep, and resealing the tank. All hands on, so they aren't just watching.

Then there's 6 10 gallon tanks, a 65 breeder, and two 75s.

Oh and the two 170 gallon plywood tanks I'm building along with the framing for the 160, 215, and the 450 plywood tanks.

Oh and that tiny 4300 gallon tank which this thread is about.

Oh and another 55 RR Oceanic waiting for me to pickup at my sister's house in Gray.
Dang Pete, I didn't think you were a rookie or anything but DAMMM!! that's alot of water in there...:D :D :D :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 , me:screwy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store