5 of the Most Abused Fish in the Industry

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
I rescued my pleco from an LFS 10g sump, where there was brown froth all over the top. IMO it's;
Goldies; goes without saying, feeders and bowls are such cruelty
Blood Parrots; mutilated with cut tails, dyes, etc. They're magnificent fish. Not my cuppa, but neither are datnoids and arowana, and they don't deserve that treatment either.
Anything that eats algae: Plecos, CAEs and ottos all take this abuse. Algae isn't dirt. Poor fish.
Lower Price Large Fish: RTCs, Pacu and Oscars fall into this category, anything under 20$ and gets over a foot is heavily abused.
Livebearers: Anyone who's given birth knows how much it sucks to be one of these girls.

buck_wildest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL
Richie_ELP;4553531; said:
I really hate those **** dixie cups they stick bettas in.

have you ever seen how they are shipped in and stored before they get the dixie cups?

imagine maybe 1-2 ounces of water in 2x2" baggies. sometimes in there for weeks at a time.

bettas are by far the worst mis treated. by far. the numbers killed every year is in the millions at least.

floridagar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
chicago
I would like to add Cat fish too since people buy them not knowing they will get Huge and keep them in a small little Tank like a 10 gallon
TSN is popular that people will abuse since they GET huge

Musha

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
RTC, TSN and other monster cats.... No one studies what their getting into. Most wind up dying or in too small of a tank

Tien

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
Las Vegas
Richie_ELP;4553531; said:
I really hate those **** dixie cups they stick bettas in.
Aggreed. All of my bettas get their own 3 gallon aquarium with complete filtration. I hate to see people buy the bettas and keep them in small decorative pos tanks just cuz the tank looks cool.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Silver arowana, about one in ten are housed in a properly sized tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store