Status
Not open for further replies.

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
ettfettbranamn;3672980; said:
hush now guys.. that is one of those guys you can't touch because their presence makes the rest of us unworthy to be on this site.. even Neo gave him a compliment and recieved only a reserved "thanks" so keep on your toes now..

B S..

and yes, if you don't have anything nice to blah blah but the line has to be drawn somewhere..

omg neo commented... should he get a JDM cookie from the OP? LOL JK :ROFL:

IMO people are just jealous and that's why they are degrading your fish to C-class. I see a lot of US citizens backin each other up lol...pathetic:ROFL:

Very nice Aimara though.. never seen nothing like it...

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Hmmm.. didn't know that my reply would trigger a chain of dissatisfied replies.. Let us all :chillpill: & get along now.. :mwave:

I just wanted to look at the black aimara.. I've never personally seen a hoplias mala before let alone an aimara.. Would be sweet to own one of these beasts.. :popcorn:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
ettfettbranamn;3672980; said:
hush now guys.. that is one of those guys you can't touch because their presence makes the rest of us unworthy to be on this site.. even Neo gave him a compliment and recieved only a reserved "thanks" so keep on your toes now..

B S..

and yes, if you don't have anything nice to blah blah but the line has to be drawn somewhere..
LOL.

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
25" . . . .it looks tiny, which is a compliment, it has a lot of growing to do, amazing animals, I will give you a $100 for it

pk705

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Slovenia
krichardson;3672827; said:
Even though this discussion is from a few months back it did appear that everyone who had a mild criticism of the fish that was pictured was answerd with a snide retort.What was the reason for being so prickly?
For 1 very simple reason - almost every time the OP posts pics of rare fish and I mean really RARE fish, he gets a squad of trolls that say that those fish are ordinary, common etc. Would you perhaps not get annoyed with such attitude? He continually gets demands for proof of the species of fish or in some cases even the proof of him owning them. There was even a case when he was accused of photoshoping his pics as he uses a good camera and has crystal clear water. Now, I understand that envy is good inspiration for trolling, but can't people keep it to themselves? It's only natural that after so many offensive posts against him, the OP automatically resorts to being defensive.

Very very nice aimara :). Any chance we can get an update on this guy?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That kind of thing should be expected in a discussion forum,if people cant ask questions then what's the point of sharing photos of what you have?'I'm no wolf fish expert,I'm not even into them,they dont interest me(not the Hoplo family any how)but if I cared enough about the fish in question,I would have had a querry or two of my own.I have gained a good deal of knowledge simply by asking questions and investigating different statements around here and if were to show uber rare fish that were in my collection,I would'nt be so anal about simple questions being asked.

Chaitika

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
ettfettbranamn;3673148; said:
yes.. so do I and I guess you do to or else you wouldn't keep it? My collection is less than a fraction of nothing compared to his but still "better" than some peoples' and I don't treat them like crap because of it. Look at the replies, is it really called for?
Maybe and maybe not. I guess it depends on your perspective. Research David's threads and look at all the doubting thomases' comments. Not just about his collection, but his photography skills as well. I don't know how many times David has posted unbelievably fantastic pics only to be told they're photoshopped and fake. David endures this not just on MFK but on other sites as well.

Believe it or not, I think David is a hobbyist at heart who simply wants to share his abilities and collection and is met with doubt at almost every turn.

Once members put themselves out there as being rude or inconsiderate, they cannot reserve the right to be offended when they get the same treatment in return.

Just my two cents. :)

PS~Awesome fish, David. :)

Bry

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Ontario
Nice one Dave, look forward to seeing the new one.

Not only with Dave but when others post photos of rare fish there are always people who tend to post things like "it's okay but I don't like it" and other similar posts. I wouldn't call that "questions" or learning. I always take the position of neutral until I can actually keep a fish for a while. I think that is why most of the people who spend more then average money on their collection tend to not share with the internet community, there are a few on here who do and you are lucky to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store