How "monster" can I go?

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
How about some Vieja species? I love my blackberry and synspillum (mine are still young). Good size fish, bold personality and colorful. :)
View attachment 1216807 View attachment 1216808
Beautiful fish you have there. I'm adding all of the suggestions to a list and then mapping who can live with who.

I'm also trying to think of ways I can have 2 or 3 large plants in here. I know the bigger S.A. species are going to dig them up so I'd have to tie them to rocks I guess. It's worth a try. My last aquarium was a 90 gallon jungle tank so I somewhat miss plants. Basically, I had an imbalance in my chemistry and algae took over and I couldn't get it out before it killed everything. I started with about 10 plants and they filled the entire tank over 9ish months. I tossed them all and sold the tank.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Well, after A LOT of thinking and reading I've decided to go the wet pet route. One of my favorite fish has to be the Parachromis managuensis and since I can't keep an aquarium full of them I've decided to keep a breeding pair. I've had a lot of fun breeding Texas cichlids in the past.

If/when I tire of that I'll probably go through this thread again and do a small SA community.

How many should I order to for sure get a breeding pair? I'm sure that's hard to guess but I'm thinking if I order 6 SURELY I won't be that unlucky??

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Good idea, ask Jeff if he could spot any pairs for you. I'd have faith in him getting you a pair.

Reactions: jwd

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Just emailed him, let's see what he can do for me. Thank you guys for your help!

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Thanks! He answered back super quick and is getting me a pair going. He'll definitely get my business in the future.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Thanks! He answered back super quick and is getting me a pair going. He'll definitely get my business in the future.
Of course he will. Rapps is the man.

Reactions: jwd
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store