South of Heaven
heres another shot of the railing

0612091855.jpg

dleomd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Rockford, IL
Again J, awesome work. Question (stupid?): I know you're looking for some plastic pegboard material for the drip tray. How do you ensure that water will drip down the far end of the drip tray? Does this matter? Was under the impression that you want even vertical distribution of the water down the bios. Remember, I'm totally new to sumps!!!!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
dleomd;3192162;3192162 said:
Again J, awesome work. Question (stupid?): I know you're looking for some plastic pegboard material for the drip tray. How do you ensure that water will drip down the far end of the drip tray? Does this matter? Was under the impression that you want even vertical distribution of the water down the bios. Remember, I'm totally new to sumps!!!!
well im hoping it will lol. i glued the railing in place so that its about 1/4" lower at the other end. im hoping this will take care of it. if not, ill have to lift the drip plate a little higher on the left side to allow the water to reach the other end. we'll see! :)

kingyella

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Louisiana
building pretty much the same design for my sump, staying tuned to see yours in action. I was also curious how people get even distribution over the bio with the drip plate.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
LOL i forgot about this! its sitting in the stand of my 150g, which has yet to be set up. hopefully in the next couple weeks i can get it running :)

mowielx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
Victoria Australia
Any updates? Drilling smaller holes on the drip tray at one end compared to that of the other end the water should flow evenly. I'm going to be doing something like this very shortly. Lookin good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store